Visit Your Utica Eye Doctor to Understand Age-Related Eye & Vision Problems
Time eventually takes its toll on our bodies, including our eyes. You have nothing to fear, though, especially if you have an eye doctor in Utica in whom you can place your trust. Our Utica eye doctor, Dr. Ralph J Lamberto who our patients call "Dr. Ralph," is here to help you understand the various age-related eye conditions you may experience. Our vision team looks forward to helping you understand it all.
Do You Need a Senior Eye Exam from Your New Hartford Eye Doctor?
At Central New York Optometry P.L.L.C., our team cares about easing your mind and helping you prepare for all the possible ways that the aging process might affect your eyes by recommending a senior eye exam. During your senior Utica eye exam, Dr. Ralph may look for some of the following conditions that sometimes affect aging eyes:
- Cataracts. This condition occurs when the lens of the eye becomes cloudy or otherwise obscured. Effects of cataracts include blurred vision, dulled of colors, and decreased distinction of contrast.
- Glaucoma. Glaucoma includes a group of eye diseases that can damage the optic nerve and ultimately may cause loss of vision.
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD). This eye disease affects the macula, which lies at the center of the light-sensitive retina at the back of the eye. AMD may cause loss of central vision but does not affect peripheral vision.
- Diabetic Retinopathy. Our vision patients who have diabetes are at risk for this condition, which damages the small blood vessels that feed into the retina.
- Dry Eye. This common and chronic problem causes it to become difficult to produce tears to keep your eyes lubricated, clean and healthy. Dry eye therapy often helps improve the condition.
During your Utica eye exam, we can discuss these conditions and other concerns you have. Call us today or set an appointment using our live online scheduler!